DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Credit Cards in a Post COVID World: Seven Takeaways for the Next Business Cycle” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report focuses on the recovery of the credit card business and the COVID-19 pandemic.
The good thing about recessions is that they will end and move into the next economic cycle, which economists often call the trough. The bad news is that no one knows when the COVID-19 downturn will level. If we use the Great Recession as an example, the recession will last a year and a half, almost half the time it took to get through the Great Depression of 1929-1933.
Highlights of the research note include:
- Once payment deferrals end, expect delinquency aging to skyrocket
- Charge-offs beyond 6.54% will eliminate credit card industry profits
- Credit card return on assets (ROA) will fall into negative territory in late 2020
- Regulatory guardrails helped protect the industry; current expected credit loss (CECL) requirements and contingency planning proved their worth
- Top banks, particularly those required to comply with stress testing and DFAST, were well prepared
- Platform service providers played a significant role in providing options for the middle market.
This document contains 15 pages and 7 exhibits.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Seven Strategies for the Next Crisis
- Rapid Impact, Protracted Recovery: Prepare for a Different Environment
- Contingency Planning Protects the Credit Card Business
- Account Level Risk Management Adds a New Layer for Credit Management
- Product Enhancements: Consider Existing Tools for Better Control
- Product Features May Require Modernization
- Credit Risk Management is Still the Name of the Game
- Vendors are an Essential Part of the Payment Ecosystem
- ACI Worldwide
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Capital One
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. Buy@TLDtraders.com | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.